Search the forum,

Discuss Heatmiser slimline temp accuracy in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have Heatmiser slimline thermostats installed in most rooms which have water uhf zones. They work fine but I’ve always thought the current temperature reading was a bit off. I confirmed this today by placing a few internal room thermometers in various places and it appears the Heatmisers are all reading 2-3 degrees c higher than the thermometers. I also tested several spots in the room with a infrared thermometer with the same results.

I can see the thermost can be reset but does this recalibrate anything? Or Is there a way to recalibrated?

Would the addition of a remote air sensor help at all.If so, where is the air sensor located within the room? I can see the Heatmiser can me retrofit with one that has a black cable but have no idea where the tip end of the cable goes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the Slimline instructions there should be a section called "Recalibrating the thermostat" In essence, you push some magic combination of keys, then set the display to the 'correct' temperature and click done.

I imagine that if all your thermostats are out by the same amount the installer either omitted this step or guessed ambient temperature rather than measuring it. Or it may have been done deliberately:

Kids: It's cold in here, may we put the thermostat up?
Dad: No, it's saying 20°C so put a thicker pullover on!

Not that I'd ever resort to such tactics, of course...

Last edited:

Reply to Heatmiser slimline temp accuracy in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock