Search the forum,

Discuss heatmiser RF switch not enabling boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Boiler is a Viessmann 100-w (2021 version)
heatmiser uh8-rf
heatmiser rf switch (intended for boiler enable only)
Heatmiser neoair thermostats

I live so far north that there isn't a Viessmann installer local to me, however after speaking to Viessmann my local heating engineer was placed on a training course with Viessmann to install my boiler. It was installed today but the heatmiser rf switch will not enable the boiler.

the setup is as follows, 8 radiators over 7 zones (living room has 2 rads)
all rads go back to a 7 port manifold.

heatmiser thermo heads on the manifold.

the neoair is paired with the uh8-rf and the uh8-rf is paired with the switch, this is working as when the temp is set on the neoair the flame icon lights up, it triggers the uh8-rf and in turn that lights up the rf switch next to the boiler. but then nothing happens. there are no valves or pumps or anything extra fitted to the system, its just 100-w, the heatmiser electronic stuff and radiators.

Does anyone know why this isnt working.? the rf switch is wired to port 96 (Configurable floating input lH, 230 V) and set in the configuration as no 4 "external demand"

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best get him to phone technical

Viessmann as it needs setting up in the control panel

Installer as if you mess up it could alter something else

Yes 96 plug pin label 1

I am encountering the same problem with a Viessman 111-w (which I believe is the same system as 100-w but with integrated storage tank).
Did you manage to work things out your end? If so would you mind sharing how?

I have two controllers wired to the same terminal (i.e. plug 96). Drayton Wiser to control the radiators zones works without any issues. The RF switch for UFH, boiler light comes on but the boiler does not turn on using the exact same wiring as the Wiser controller.

Any ideas how to get the RF Switch working?

I finally managed to get the problem resolved. Based on the same principle my Drayton Wiser controller was using I decided to try the same on the RF Switch. Basically the RF Switch manual does not tell you that LS and LR output contacts are voltage free. You need to link L with LS in the RF Switch to get voltage on the contacts (i.e. run an extra small cable from L to LS). Once the Switch receives the boiler-enable signal, the voltage in LS is sent to LR which enables the boiler.

On plug 96 of Viessman you connect L, N and the LR from the Switch.

I hope this helps you!

I finally managed to get the problem resolved. Based on the same principle my Drayton Wiser controller was using I decided to try the same on the RF Switch. Basically the RF Switch manual does not tell you that LS and LR output contacts are voltage free. You need to link L with LS in the RF Switch to get voltage on the contacts (i.e. run an extra small cable from L to LS). Once the Switch receives the boiler-enable signal, the voltage in LS is sent to LR which enables the boiler.

I hope this helps you!
I haven’t logged on for a while and just seen your post.

Although you didn’t get the help you required, thank you for the update.

I hope this helps you!
Hi Gerardo, thanks for your tips - they’ve been very helpful. With your nest set up do you use this to control the hot water or can you still have that switched on all the time on the boiler itself?

Reply to heatmiser RF switch not enabling boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All. I hope you can help. I have an Intergas HRE 30 SB boiler (plus tank) which is driving a combination of (downstairs) UFH plus (upstairs) rads, all controlled using a combination of Heatmiser NeoStats (UFH) and NeoAir w/ RF switch (rads). On the surface, the Heatmiser App suggests there are...
Replies
Views
I have a Heatmiser UH8-RF controlling my underfloor heating, connected to the NeoHub with three zones with NeoStat v1 thermostats. This is about 3 years old now and when setup everything was installed worked fine. All the main current functions work - I can control the UFH with the app and it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am about to get the attached Viessmann 100-w heat only boiler with pump and diverter valve. Current boiler - Non Condensing System - OV, CH only, no DHW Feeder Tank - Yes Expansion vessel - No Pressure Relief Valve - Yes Filter - No RF connections - 22mm NG pipe - 15mm from meter to...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock