Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline Vizo 24 3years old, hot water on shower running lukewarm and sometimes cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a plumber, just after some advice really. Had a new extenstion about 3 years ago and due to not having the money for a decent boiler installed one of the above. I am now thinking I should have tried to find the money from somewhere. I have done lots of reading on several plumbing forums re: the Vizo boiler and want to know is it worth me trying to get a new decent boiler, Worcester Bosch, Vailliant etc than to start paying out money trying to get this one fixed!! Lots of plumbers have said they have been called out to this boiler and encountered nothing but problems, fuses blowing, pcbs costing a fortune, etc!! Just wanted a straight answer from professionals. Any advice gratefully appreciated. The system was apparently powerflushed and ther is a Sentinel X400 and X300 sticker on the boiler.

Also want to know if I had a new boiler installed (a decent one) do I have to request a filter on a new boiler installation, magna clean-or boiler buddy and a scale master filter on the cold water outlet (currently this is full of limescale)

Re: Heatline Vizo 24 3years old, hot water on shower running lukewarm and sometimes c

Its not manditory to fit a magnetic filter but i would request one in a quote if i was you. A scale master type reducer should be fitted if water hardness is above 200ppm to comply with building control and the bench mark scheme.

Re: Heatline Vizo 24 3years old, hot water on shower running lukewarm and sometimes c

What's the hot water like at the other taps? If it's fine at the other hot outlets then it's most likely a thermostatic shower fault. And if so, a new boiler wouldn't solve the issue.

But if you are going to get a new boiler, you don't have to have filters installed but I would strongly recommend having them fitted as it'll protect the boiler and keep your system less problematic in the future. But it's best if you get the system power flushed and then add the magnetic filter.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The vizo isn't a great boiler I'm afraid. What problems do you have with it at the moment? Is it just the shower that has poor hot water?

If you were to go for a better boiler you would be getting a much longer warranty and piece of mind. It's good practice to fit a filter ie magnaclean but it's not compulsory to do so.

Thanks for your response, I'm not sure if a scale master type reducer has been fitted, was concerned about the amount of limescale around the cold water outlet on the piping underneath the boiler.

To be honest the hot water supply is ok at the taps apart from the fact you have to open then up slowly to allow the boiler to fire up. What do you suggest I do? Should i get the shower looked at first?

Mainly the problem is the temperature of the water through the shower. It goes hot, then freezing then lukewarm. I knew from the price of it it wouldnt be great but I didnt expect it to be potentially costing me money so quickly.

Also if the washing machine is on or someone runs the tap upstairs the water goes cold aswell

Also if the washing machine is on or someone runs the tap upstairs the water goes cold aswell
when taking a shower run the kitchen cold water tap,you'll find you have a better performing shower,what is your water pressure like and i bet your shower performs better in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Vizo 24 3years old, hot water on shower running lukewarm and sometimes cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
A
I have a heatline vizo 24 combi boiler that starts up for a few seconds and then shuts off. This happens with both hot water and heating. If left all overnight or all day it will work first time and stay on. If tried again soon after the problem comes back.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock