Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline C28 luke warm DH water only after fixing leak on diverter valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

zen

Hi due to a leak in diverter valve I bought a diverter valve kit and changed all the components after cleaning out the bloc. I also took off the heat exchanger whilst i was inside the boiler and gave it a complete descale.
when i reassembled everything i seemed to no longer have HOT water in the taps just LUKE warm
if i have heating on first the DHW does start off much hotter then becomes much cooler over time finishing as just luke warm

can't understand how replacing for new the diverter valve components would lose the Hot water where it was previously working fine

ANY HELP GRATEFULLY RECEIVED PLEASE (specific to this boiler would be ideal, or to any combi boiler also very useful)

many thanks for any help you can offer :)

Zen, are you a householder or a qualfied engineer ? This will help us to help you
centralheatking
Hi no Im not a qualified Gas Safe Engineer - I Build Houses for a living so can fix most things and install heating systems from new plus fix anything which is not relating to the gas side of a boiler

May I ask how you plan to test the installation after you have finished? Do you have the equipment to do so? Do you know how to? I know electrics, but I still use a spark. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Reply to Heatline C28 luke warm DH water only after fixing leak on diverter valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
Heĺlo I have a water leak under bathroom floor tiles. It is on the hot water feed to the tap. I noticed the tiles leading to sink warm last few days. Now my radiators are not heating up because the hot water must be getting diverted to the tap. What are my options? Can I get house insurance...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the new system is okay but we cannot get any hot water without running a bucketfull of cold water first. This means having to wash your hands in cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock