Search the forum,

Discuss Heating with broken thermostat salus wireless receiver in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The batteries in my wireless thermostat have leaked and it is damaged beyond repair. Is there any way to turn the heating on without a thermostat. Boiler is an iqe simplicity 25. It has a salus wireless receiver wired into it. I tried buying a replacement thermostat but mustn't be compatible with the receiver. I don't know what model the receiver is as it fixed to the wall and probably says on the back what model it is.....clever.

I could not find a compatible new thermostat for the receiver so I have done the following...

Replaced the receiver salus RT500RF(RX) with a Salus RXRT505. They look identical the internals are the same so I just rewired it matching the wires to the terminals on the one I took off as they were labeled the same. Synced the thermostat to the new receiver, that is working fine. The receiver is calling for heating green light is on but now the boiler is not responding to the receiver.

The boiler definitely works, hot water works and the heating comes on if you press the maintenance button. The boiler is a IQE simplicity 25. Any idea why it's not responding to the new receiver?

Reply to Heating with broken thermostat salus wireless receiver in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock