Search the forum,

Discuss Heating setup for 5 bed 5 bath large house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emerson

Hello,

can anyone tell me the best setup for a 5 bed 5 bath large house? i live in Essex.

I have a Valiant ecotec 637 from before the house was gutted and enlarged.

I think the supply is 25mm good pressure.

Ground floor - 1) bathroom with sink and toilet, 2) kitchen sink, 3) utility sink, 4) underfloor heating for all rooms.

1st floor - 1) 4 beds with 4 bathrooms, each has separate shower and bath, 2) radiators

2nd floor - 1) 1 bed with ensuite (in the future this floor could be changed to 2 beds/2 baths)

what should i buy to make sure i have the correct water pressure. The Valiant ecotec637 is 4 years old and was working well before the house was gutted. Can this be part of the new setup? I would like the tanks to live in the garage. i would also like only copper.

Thanks
Emerson

Hi Emerson & welcome to the forum.

What you should buy is the services of a good plumber/heating engineer or better still a mechanical consultant / designer.

Get the designs sorted then go out to tender, get quotes against them

You now have a property that lies outside the bounds of most domestic plumbers let alone diy over the inter-web.

I guess you have already spent a fair bit on it so far are you willing to take the risk of ending up with a cold 5bed 5bath which runs out of hot water and trust me I have seen it too many times.

It will cost you a hell of a lot more than the upfront design costs to put it right & try living there when the remedial work is going on.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris for the advice. i did not think such a problem would be beyond this forum. I will investigate your option.

please click the remember me box at the top of the page to keep logged in otherwise it confuses us ta muchly

Provided the build work has upgraded the thermal insulation, your existing boiler should meet the central heating demand for the property. However, the hot water demand, 5 beds, 5 baths would easily exceed its capacity if the intention was to use all facilities simultaneously.
Be realistic in your expectations. How many people usually reside at the property, and would waiting for DHW to reheat or staggering bath times be acceptable. How many power showers do you have and what period of time are they in use. As has been said in previous posts, take advice. This is not a simple single answer situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating setup for 5 bed 5 bath large house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock