Search the forum,

Discuss Heating problem. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Well here we go, I will try my best to explain the problem with my heating.

I have a slimline classic FF360 boiler downstairs & a big tank upstairs, I'm sure its a vented system.
Over the past 2yrs I have spent around £1700 trying to solve a problem that nobody seems able to fix!
The problem is the heating won't come on most times from the thermostat, I have to switch it off & on at the mains switch. I have replaced the circuit board upstairs, a new pump last week, 2 thermostats and a few other things, valves I think. All these parts were fitted by a local company & a national company in Scotland. I had 3 engineers at it last week after calling them out again as they said it was fixed but its not! Yesterday morning I tried it from the thermostat & never came on so I used the mains switch. Got up this morning tried the thermostat & it came on ?? Tried it a few times on & off seemed ok but I know later when I try it won't come on. Somebody suggested it might be a fault with the pcp board (think that's what it called) under the boiler. The last job was a new pump upstairs, the middle one, I have 3 pumps on that tank. £580 it cost, they said that was the problem but I still have the same issue.
Thanks in advance to anybody who might reply with advice.

Picture of the big tank please

Attachments

• 20210321_154122.jpg
    20210321_154122.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210321_154057.jpg
    20210321_154057.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 13
Thought so wouldn’t mess around with it needs changing could of swapped it for the price you’ve paid already sorry to say there a pain to work on and only getting older

Also £580 just for swapping the pump that’s way too much

Even so the pumps around £100 so call it £180 complete £400 to drain and fill is high

Reply to Heating problem. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock