Search the forum,

Discuss Heating not working properly unvented microbore system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out why an unvented microbore system isn't working as it should. The boiler works fine but when I got to it this morning the system pressure was at zero bar. I filled it up to the working pressure, turned on all TRVs and lockshield valves and bled the system fully. The upstairs rads work well mainly but a few aren't as hot as the others. Downstairs two rads work fine but the rest - all 6 of them - are cold or lukewarm. The feeds to the trvs are hot but the pipes below the lockshield valves are still cold and there is no heat in the rads.

If there was a blockage I think it would only affect one rad and the cold ones ran hot when I drained hot water through the drain valves on the lsvs so I really have no idea why the heat isn't going through the rads.

The pump appears to be working so I have no idea why only half the rads are heating up and not the other half. Please help!!

Many thanks

You turned on all lock shield valves? you've messed up the system ballancing probably

Sorry, just to add to the above, the rads weren't working BEFORE I refilled the system. When I turned all the trvs and lockshields off upstairs so that only the downstairs rads could heat up, they didn't. The problem was the same - flow heating but return cold and no heat in the rads.

throttle down lockshields on working rads and is pump strong enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating not working properly unvented microbore system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock