Search the forum,

Discuss Heating not working-advice in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, just after some advice.

So I have a nest thermostat installed an a Worcester boiler. Now when I had my nest installed, the electrician was absolutely horrendous. Leaving dangling wires and all sorts. It did essentially work though. Now it brings me to this morning. So my wife pulled out a load of coats from the cupboard with the boiler in this morning and one of the dangling wago connecters sparked and it all turned off. I had a close look and could see the connector was chard. So I straight swapped it out and it didn't work. Then I changed the fuse in the boiler switch and it all turned back on. When I call for hot water, it works. When I call for central heating it doesn't. The app says it's on, but the boiler is not firing. What would be the cause? Could it be the zone/gate valve got fried when the system shorted out? Would that cause this problem?

Last edited:
It could depend on what wires have been shorted together, but could also be the wrong ones have been put in the wrong terminal. Can you post photos of the wiring?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214-182317.png
    Screenshot_20230214-182317.png
    726.9 KB · Views: 9
Were the wires charred before putting them in the Wago? Is there definitely a call for heat from the nest thermostat? Obviously it’s not making somewhere, unless you have test gear, then we’re on limited advice duties.

Were the wires charred before putting them in the Wago? Is there definitely a call for heat from the nest thermostat? Obviously it’s not making somewhere, unless you have test gear, then we’re on limited advice duties.
Nah, the wires weren't charred. There was some burn marks inside the connector.

Reply to Heating not working-advice in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock