Search the forum,

Discuss Heating engineer responsibilites. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently had a new system installed with a Veismann 101 combi, new pipework and using the existing radiators plus 1 on the thrid floor, I also have an underfloor heating system in the lounge which I wanted incorporating into thhe system.
The small company I used came highly recommended from my past supplier and had 5 star reviews on line so I was confident that i would get a first class kob, which to be fair they did, the pipework was excellent, neat, tidy and well routed, they had install an s plan system so the floor was seperate to the radiators and hot water, I could have both on seperately or togehter which is great.
I decided to charge up the floor to see how it performed with the new boiler after about 30 minutes i turned iit off as it seemed to be working fine. however on Sunday I pit it on again and it ran for about an hour after which the pipework started banging like crazy so I turned it off, call the heating guy who came round the following day, tried it out and it was fine,
It didnt realise that it took about an hour for the system to reach max temp then apparently the thermostat on the manifold closes and as there is no bypass valve it causes a block to the system hence the banging, I didnt know this but neither did he.
I contacted him again on monday by text as he never showed up and still has'nt.
In the meantime I figured oout what the problem was, disconnected the thermostat and its working like a dream.
My concern is that if something else goes wrong will he show up to repair under warrantly or will he just ignore me?
Any thoughts chaps?

Sounds like the system needs an auto bypass.
This is something that is either incorporated into the boiler, or fitted external to it.
Your contractor should have fitted one.
We fit one external to the boiler, even if it has one inside.

I don't think he understood that, however I seem to have solved the problem, but my main concern is that he didn't respond and
I've had no contact from him so what recourse do i have in the event of another problem developing, I assume he has to cover his work with a one year warranty.?

Existing underfloor heating wouldn’t be covered under any warranty.
Did it make the noise while connected to the old system?

No it worked fine but it was connected into existing heating system, now it has a dedicated feed through a motorised valve attached to the boiler outlet.
Obviously there floor is not covered by his warranty but his installation work surely is.

When he came round to carry out the site survey i walked him round and explained everything in detail also making its clear that I wanted the ufo tied into the system, here assured me they had donee ufh before and were well experienced in them so I accepted that and to be fair they did put in a direct feed from the boiler in 22mm copper as recommended by the ufh company, but what really worries me is the fact that he didn't comes round when I told him there was a problem so I fear for the future in the event of a leak or breakdown, will he attend or just ignore me again.
Its was fortunate thats i managed to figure out the problem and fix it, but what about other customers who maybe have a problem, will he ignore them?

I do not know how we can answer the question that you keep asking. We can not tell you if he will attend as non of us know him.

Reply to Heating engineer responsibilites. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock