Search the forum,

Discuss Heating cuts off for no reason in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Tomos06

Hi

We have a Worcester Greenstar Ri boiler. This has been going on for years but we have just sort of lived with it but I would like to get it sorted now.

When we knock the heating on, the boiler starts and the water tank starts making its noise.

After about 25-30 minutes though, after the radiators are warmed up, the heating just stops and they go cold.

The boiler has gone silent (light still on though so its still switched on etc) but the tank will continue to rumble away as if the heating is still working.

Changing the thermostat does nothing, we can set it to a really high temp but you can guarantee after the half hour it stops. The thermostat is in the hall too which is generally one of the coldest parts of the house.

If we then turn the heating off for 5 minutes, and knock it back on, the process repeats itself.

We get our boiler serviced yearly, and the engineer always prints off a report which clearly shows its functioning efficiently.

Has anyone got an ideas or experience of this sort of thing?

Sounds like the 3 port is sticking in mid position.

Thanks, iv had two independent plumbers / gas engineers out. turns out we also have a minor leak on an isolation valve, both have suggested that i need to replace the valve, one or two pipes, and the pump (due to the drip going onto the pump so there is corrosion). To do this they have said they would need to drain the system. Both said it could be the pump failing as it looks like the original pump from when the house was built (around 91).

Reply to Heating cuts off for no reason in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock