Search the forum,

Discuss Heating comes on temporarily in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks, in last couple of weeks I've been experiencing problems with my heating it seems to come on and then turns itself off. Other times it works fine .
Hot water has been fine. I was reading up on symptoms online (as I haven't got a clue,hence why I'm here ) and it seems to point me in the direction of it needing an actuator Valve.

Would this be correct or could it be anything else . Cheers .

I would maybe looking at the programmer, usually if a diverter valve is broken then your heating/hot water will stick on. Not always, maybe check both but if it’s coming on randomly then I would look at your programmer.

Reply to Heating comes on temporarily in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Good Morning. I've been having an issue for a couple of days, that my nest thermostat is demanding heat, but the boiler does not activate. However, when using the heat link manual button, the heating works fine for around 2 hours. I have recently replaced the pump from a wilks gold rs50 to a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock