Search the forum,

Discuss Heating appears to be on all the time!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KEMPY

Hi

I have noticed in the past few months thatmy heating is on when it shouldnt be. I know this will be too much information but several nights I have woken for a wee in the early hours and noticed my heating is on! Also I have just nipped home from work and again my heating is on. The timer is set for an hour in the morning, then to come on at 5pm til 11.30pm then 12.10am to 12.20am. My boiler is outside in a shed and is oil fired. There are no thermostat thingys in the house. Any ideas what is wrong please. I am thinking maybe the timer is up the creak? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanking you.

LOL - you'll make a plumber of me yet Fuzzy!! Our old boiler used to do this and the house was boiling hot even when it didn't seem that cold outside.

depends where the frost stat is situated, its only for exposed pipes and should come on if pipes are hot, it should be inline with a pipe stat at 25C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating appears to be on all the time!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My boiler was kind of new & installed last year July, I know there's build-in frost protection. Also, there's an old external frost protection (attached photo) that the engineer did not disconnect it when installed the new boiler. I wonder if I need to disconnect/get rid of the old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock