Search the forum,

Discuss Heated towel rail is cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I turned the central heating on tonight for the first time since the Spring but the towel rail in my bathroom won't heat up. I must have turned the rail off a couple of weeks ago, when I attempted to add inhibitor. After trying to follow an online video on how to add inhibitor I gave up and thought I'd reversed the actions but I've clearly missed something as it now won't heat up. I'm sure it's just one simple step I've overlooked. Can anyone help?Thanks.

Open both valves fully on the towel rail (anti- clockwise).
If one of the valves is thermostatic (trv), then you need to check the pin on the valve body hasn’t seized.
Check if any air in towel rail by bleeding it.
Next turn most of system rads off and run heating for a short while to see if towel rail heats.

Reply to Heated towel rail is cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock