Search the forum,

Discuss Heat Towel Rail Switch - Clicking Noise in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Craig VDW

Hi there

We have a heated towel rail in our bathroom - Heller brand (well the switch is anyway). Was installed about 10 years ago.

We have on a timer, comes on in the morning and back again in the afternoon, overall works well.

However the Heller Switch / controller has been making a clicking noise when the towel rail in on - it started maybe a year ago, a few clicks and then stopped clicking, now the clicking of the switch / controller is more continious (again only when the towel rail is on). Its still heating up fine, just the noise from the switch.

So just wondering is that just a switch / controller issue? or is it realted to the actual towel rail? Have read other fourms where people note noises from the actaul towel rail, we havent experienced any of that.

Thanks in advance
Craig

I would say it sounds like a relay noise so maybe controller but as it’s 10 years it’s done well and might be best if you can still get the same one to replace both

Reply to Heat Towel Rail Switch - Clicking Noise in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock