Search the forum,

Discuss heat store - lots of help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am trying to figure out a way forward. I live in France, but my knowledge of technical terms (including plumbing, heating and boilers) is very poor. I have a solid fuel Rayburn as a heat source, burning logs. I use between 10 and 15 tonnes a wood in an average winter. It can take 4 hours for radiators to warm up from cold.
I am considering a heat store, on the basis that the Rayburn could heat the water after the demand has finished late at night, for use the following morning.
Is this a reasonable approach?
If it is, could I then add an automatic boiler to augment the Rayburn? It would probably be electric (heat pump?) as we have no gas.
Can anyone recommend a manufacturer of heat stores?
Lots of questions, I'm afraid. I appreciate your help.
Austin

In the UK, the term worth Googling is 'thermal store' or 'accumulator'. Hope this helps.

Reactions: rpm
In the UK, the term worth Googling is 'thermal store' or 'accumulator'. Hope this helps.

Not an accumulator it's a buffer tank mate

Fair point. 'Heat accumulator' comes up with a few hits on Google though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat store - lots of help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock