Search the forum,

Discuss heat leak rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have fitted a heat leak rad return flow to main return flow about 300mm from entry into back boiler all pipes are correct angle but when main return flow heats up it heats the water in the rad return flow stopping it flowing any advise appreciated

Why have you fitted a heat leak radiator in first place?
We fitted the rad because when we have a fire all day the water gets too hot and boils and also to provide extra heating for the lounge , the back boiler is in a cooking range in the kitchen

We fitted the rad because when we have a fire all day the water gets too hot and boils and also to provide extra heating for the lounge , the back boiler is in a cooking range in the kitchen
This all appears very worrying. Boiling water is very dangerous and at worst a potential bomb. It is essential that if your not qualified to call a hetas engineer out directly and cease fiddling, in the meantime have no fires and run your heating on low if you must. If you are qualified then send your certification to a senior moderator at UKPF
centralheatking

This all appears very worrying. Boiling water is very dangerous and at worst a potential bomb. It is essential that if your not qualified to call a hetas engineer out directly and cease fiddling, in the meantime have no fires and run your heating on low if you must. If you are qualified then send your certification to a senior moderator at UKPF
centralheatking
thanks for your advise it does not boil as in a kettle but gets so hot you could not put your hand in the water we do keep the fire low but sometimes when the water is not used it can get very hot, would shifting the rad return farther away from the the back boiler inlet stop the return flow into the rad pipe and allow the rad to work

thanks for your advise it does not boil as in a kettle but gets so hot you could not put your hand in the water we do keep the fire low but sometimes when the water is not used it can get very hot, would shifting the rad return farther away from the the back boiler inlet stop the return flow into the rad pipe and allow the rad to work
For the safety of you and your family and maybe your neighbours GET
some advice ...you are obviously not qualified , I have seen the outcome of things like you are playing with, believe me its not nice
end....centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat leak rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock