Search the forum,

Discuss Heat Interface Unit Advice needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

This might seem like a stupid question, but i have a problem with the heat interface unit in my flat and the block management are not able to provide help in this instance.

Would a normal central heating engineer be OK to contact? Just from looking in the yellow pages or local tradesman there are lots but they all mention boiler repairs and servicing, but not specifically heat interface units in there description of services they offer. Is this something i have to find a specialized person or company to deal with? Or will any local heating engineer be OK to be contacted?

The block management were obviously my first port of call but on this occasion they do not have anyone that is available.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Just contact several reputable firms and ask if they have any experience with Heat Interface Units. I wouldn't suggest letting any old person look at it, if they don't have the knowledge or experience they could potentially cause more problems than you started with. There are a few on this forum with lots of experience in this area so you might want to explain your problem in the hope someone can advise, or at least arm you with information prior to someone coming to look at it.

Reply to Heat Interface Unit Advice needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock