Search the forum,

Discuss HEAT HERO High Efficiency open vented Solid Fuel Heating System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

From their description I can't see what it does that a four way and three way junction and a few flow control valves and setting up on temperature flow and return would not do? Are the internals thermostatically controlled?

From their description I can't see what it does that a four way and three way junction and a few flow control valves and setting up on temperature flow and return would not do? Are the internals thermostatically controlled?

I cannot find any further specs on how it works, I've contacted the company and as yet have had no reply on how the system operates!!

Well spotted that man, the unit is correctly labelled, but they certainly got the diagram wrong. How could you trust a company that can't even get its own descriptions correct? Can those reviews be genuine, not if they connected the "Heat Hero" the way they show.

Last edited:
The diagram is confusing. I assume that is so that pipework is initially connected properly. The cylinder injector flow pipe after the pump (which is moved from Return to Flow) sends hot water the second manifold. It looks like hot water is from the bottom to the top of the cylinder coil and back out into the first manifold, where it is sent to the pump. The injector valve pipe has a gate-valve set to equalise temperatures between the coil and the radiators. That is my understanding (as a complete non-expert). It seems to me that reputable companies like Waterford Stanley would not recommend a defective system and that large-scale sellers to the trade and public (heatmerchants.ie, heatdesign.ie, plumbingproducts.ie, thegascompany.ie) would not stock it if did not produce efficiency improvements. Are you being too hasty in your dismissal? My only interest is that I am thinking of buying the system. You guys are the experts who could consider this beyond apparent diagram limitations.

The diagram is confusing. I assume that is so that pipework is initially connected properly. The cylinder injector flow pipe after the pump (which is moved from Return to Flow) sends hot water the second manifold. It looks like hot water is from the bottom to the top of the cylinder coil and back out into the first manifold, where it is sent to the pump. The injector valve pipe has a gate-valve set to equalise temperatures between the coil and the radiators. That is my understanding (as a complete non-expert). It seems to me that reputable companies like Waterford Stanley would not recommend a defective system and that large-scale sellers to the trade and public (heatmerchants.ie, heatdesign.ie, plumbingproducts.ie, thegascompany.ie) would not stock it if did not produce efficiency improvements. Are you being too hasty in your dismissal? My only interest is that I am thinking of buying the system. You guys are the experts who could consider this beyond apparent diagram limitations.
Should be "The injector FLOW pipe has a gate-valve..."

Left hand coil in cylinder shows 2 flows. So complete ballocks.
After years of inefficient radiators because I have a duel system both oil and stove, so an open vented system. Heat Hero was a game changer for our house in Waterford. Any plumber I asked didn’t seem to get it and advised me not to waste my money ” It doesn’t generate heat” but I am delighted with it
All 17 double rads hoping , house is so warm using less fuel. Don’t understand why they are not fitted as standard when using a duel system. This system is the dogs bollox! Happy to be contacted
[email protected]

Reply to HEAT HERO High Efficiency open vented Solid Fuel Heating System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco compact. My understanding is that S plan will return water at too high a temperature for boiler to run efficiently and stops weather compensation.
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and I believe, they are decommissioning the back boiler. I have only discovered today there is no access to the water jacket, so will it be good enough...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and the domestic heat exchanger for the hot water tank (300litres). Old heating system with steel 2-inch pipes and cast iron segmented rads We were warned...
Replies
Views
Hi all , on a pressurised heating system is it ok to take a flow and return up into the loft and down again to install new radiator also would it be prudent to put AAV at the high point , thanx in advance . Howy
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock