Search the forum,

Discuss Heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smhstu

Hi all
what tests would you perform to prove heat exchanger corrosion?

cheers

What's the symptoms?
Combustion analysis to see how it's burning and a visual check is surely enough to tell if as rusty and a 1969 Beetle?

A cartoon family?

Now you come to mention it, Homer does look strangely familiar ;)
the_simpsons-normal.jpg

Cast Iron, low water content? Depends what type.

As has been said, visually you can see with a mirror and torch through the internals. Temperature gauge from manufacturers readings.

Experience can tell you on certain types e.g. potterton and cast iron? Used to still have casting sand in some of the heat exchangers which needed to be removed with a power hose.

Do you mean corrossion or scale, scale can give similar symptoms if no protection.

Water testing to prove internal system corrosion or a turbidity tube if you want a cheap option.

God I've bored nyself now so I'll stop (or it could be air) stop stop!!!!

I just look for a puddle on the floor myself, normally under the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a Worcester Green Star 28i Junior. The gasket itself is in perfect condition with no cracks. As you can see from the photo, the rust is near that holding...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
I have a Baxi Duo Tech 28 HE. According to an online search with the serial number and GC number, I should have a 20-plate heat exchanger. So, I purchased a 20-plate unit. However, when I removed the old part, it appears to have 12-14 plates. Is there any harm in installing a 20-plate exchanger...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Have a peculiar problem with my Gloworm Flexicom 30cx combi boiler, the main heat exchanger is getting red hot and fault coding on overheat even though the boiler and central heating is not on, i shut the boiler down for a while, clear the fault code and it will be fine again for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock