Search the forum,

Discuss Heat Exchanger in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We suspect that we might need a new heat exchanger for our boiler which is a Vaillant ecoTec plus 428. Can anybody who has experience with this type of boiler tell me how easy it would be for a Heating Engineer to confirm that this is our problem? Also, if it needs to be replaced, what would be the approximate cost of this work?

Reply to Heat Exchanger in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
  • Question
We just had a service done on our Ideal ICOS boiler and were told that the 2 screws on the back of the heat exchanger have snapped off. It was marked as dangerous and has quoted a whole new heat exchanger as there are still bits of screws stuck inside that cannot be removed. For 2 broken screws...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to buy a heat-only replacement of my Potterton 50e for open vented S plan system. My requirement is a boiler that lasts 10+ years with minimal yearly service costs. Not sure which brand I should go for - I am considering Viesmann because it's the only with stainless steel heat...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock