Search the forum,

Discuss Healthcare Wash Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I'm looking for some suggestions on where to source some reasonably prices washroom taps with a difference. These are for use in a hospital laboratory and need to have legionella resistant hoses. The taps are used for washing equipment that is used to cut up bodies etc. Yuk.

I'm looking for some suggestions on where to source some reasonably prices washroom taps with a difference. These are for use in a hospital laboratory and need to have legionella resistant hoses. The taps are used for washing equipment that is used to cut up bodies etc. Yuk.

Is there a full spec to work to Howsie?

You won't find any reasonably priced ' healthcare taps' they will by there very nature be expensive, because........ They are ' healthcare'

I'm afraid not Ray. Basically they are to replace this sort of thing:

IMG_0503.jpg

You won't find any reasonably priced ' healthcare taps' they will by there very nature be expensive, because........ They are ' healthcare'

Indeed. They seem to be using the same pricing factor as wedding planners.

We have recently had to change some taps in local health centres, for long arm single pillar mixers, due to an upgrade in the requirements, my boss who is the tightest you will ever meet spent hours trying to source cheap and cheerful, in the end I think the taps were in the region of ÂŁ200 each, because that is what they had to be.

Is that a pull out tap? You are dealing with a category 5 fluid risk here and unless there is a break tank that sort of tap must not be used.
Told you, there's no such thing as cheap.

qame3a7e.jpg
iCan't u use the catering / sluice tap, has 600 rigid riser from top of block and a restrained hear that cannot get within 150mm of spill over?

Would need to put a blanking plug in ex hole and re fix at wall as it needs to be fixed back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Healthcare Wash Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock