Search the forum,

Discuss Having problems with Remeha Combi-Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

For a couple of months now the CH side of the boiler has been leaking water. It would leak for a couple of days and stop. Very intermittent, but very annoying when we get water dripping everywhere (so the system would depressure quite significantly). I have isolated the behaviour to a valve on top of the boiler which the installation book tells me is the 'Automatic Air Vent'. I do not know why it is doing this. I have tried to find someone who can investigate and repair this make of boiler though without any success. I live in Reading, Berkshire , and if anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful!!!

Its a long time since I worked on one of these but I am pretty sure the AAV is outside the boiler case , until you have time to get it changed you can turn it off , it will have a small plastic/brass cap , simply turn this off , only goes a turn or so .

Reply to Having problems with Remeha Combi-Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear professionals, could someone kindly advise on per below issue, please let me know if more pictures or details needed. I think my Auto Air Vent is now leaking. A little background on the boiler – installed a year ago in Feb, Valiant Heat only boiler Eco Tec plus 424, plus new pump. The leak...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock