Search the forum,

Discuss Has the gas safety engineer farked up in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Have moved into a new property where prior to completion, the place was gas certified. Before being certified, I was told there was a gas leak that the engineer fixed.

To do that, they've routed the pipe all the way under the cabinets. With the pictures below, you'll see no cabinet under the sink. That's because the cabinet was rotting, so I had to remove, otherwise it was placing pressure on the pipes. The blocks you see there are ones I've put on to give some support to the pipes.

What I want to know is whether this is legit? Can the engineer get away with this? Was he right to certify the flat was gas fit?

Thanks

Attachments

• BB18025E-0752-42D3-9804-D86628AF2D29.jpeg
    BB18025E-0752-42D3-9804-D86628AF2D29.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 75C7B6D9-4045-414D-BECA-969AA5D5B9A2.jpeg
    75C7B6D9-4045-414D-BECA-969AA5D5B9A2.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 3F1D40C2-0135-404B-B8AC-F581BE3B2B20.jpeg
    3F1D40C2-0135-404B-B8AC-F581BE3B2B20.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 7A571810-D832-4F1A-B64C-715AA96AF110.jpeg
    7A571810-D832-4F1A-B64C-715AA96AF110.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 36
1. Get away with what?
2. The support distance for horizontal 15 mm copper pipe is 1.2 metres, and none of the gaps in your photograph appear to be more than that.
3. Who knows whether the cabinet was rotting to the point of collapse when the pipework was fitted.
4. When you fit a new cabinet you may need to pay a Gas Safe engineer to cut the pipe, drill the new unit and re-run the pipe.

1. Get away with what?
2. The support distance for horizontal 15 mm copper pipe is 1.2 metres, and none of the gaps in your photograph appear to be more than that.
3. Who knows whether the cabinet was rotting to the point of collapse when the pipework was fitted.
4. When you fit a new cabinet you may need to pay a Gas Safe engineer to cut the pipe, drill the new unit and re-run the pipe.
2. Support distance being the distance from one object to another that is being used to keep the pipes upright and supported?
4. Good to know

It’s one of them it’s functional

Yep

It’s not pretty but that doesn’t make it unsafe.
Looks like the kitchen is near the end of its life anyway. Get it repiped when you replace the kitchen.

1. Get away with what?
If the new units are on standard 4 legs, think you’ll get away with it.

Reply to Has the gas safety engineer farked up in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can anyone hell me identify this pipe is it for gas? Property is all electric but the flat below and flats next door have gas boilers. The property is one of 4 flats converted from a cottage. Any help much appreciated thanks, I'll be getting an engineer to install a boiler if it is gas...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock