Search the forum,

Discuss Has anyone heard about New Trades Career? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there everyone.
After having been made redundant in January this year I am looking for a change of career, I stumble upon this New Trades Career place and it looks OK I guess, to be honest to good to be true, has anyone have any feedback about them? Has anyone been to their courses and qualified with them? They promise you will get place as a plumbers mate after completing your practicals and you will work towards a NVQ level 2 as they can provide the experience in their training centre, is that really how it works?
Please if anyone can help me to make a informed decision I will very grateful ( I don't want to spend my savings on a money grabbing scheme, I have a 3 year old daughter which needs to be taken care of)
Thanks a lot
Monse

It’s an old adage mate but usually if something sounds too good to be true it usually is. I’m not familiar with the specific training centre but if you use the search bar you can find multiple threads relating to training centres promising the Earth but delivering very little

Personally I would steer clear of training centres if you’ve zero experience. I would contact local colleges and see what beginner or advanced plumbing qualifications they can offer. It might take you a bit longer but I’d say you’d come out much better informed and with a greater skill set

Pleasure. Where people are spending their hard earned money I think you deserve to get something worthwhile for your investment rather than a load of empty promises

Got to agree there, the tiler I use is on more per hour than I am with a lot less responsibility.

And less tools. Also got to be a damn sight easier to train as than plumbing as there is so much to learn with plumbing.

Got to agree there, the tiler I use is on more per hour than I am with a lot less responsibility.

Also a lot less insurances and other companies taking there bit

Reply to Has anyone heard about New Trades Career? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock