Search the forum,

Discuss Has anyone ever installed or know of this device? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

djobe

Gas Engineer
[h=1]SALUS IT500 Internet Controlled Thermostat[/h]
just curious if anyone has installed them or used them. A friend would like it in his house so was just looking to see others views on it. Thanks all

Fitted a few. Even got one in front of me controlling my house.
not one have I needed to alter the temp if my house remotely!
works well, but I think the only benefit of wifi stats are for holiday homes or properties with lots of stats that can be set from one tablet.
on the other hand, weigh up the cost of a programable stat and a two Chanel programmer and this is a serious contender.
the blokes under 30 think they are cool too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 106
Only about 25 quid dearer than a 927 and they are easy to sell to younger ones and those who want to impress their neighbours

I've fitted loads for landlords that want to keep an eye on their tenants ;-). Really good kit, Salus have improved

Ps I've got one in my place too. Surprising how much you use it. Only turning on water when you need it etc would imagine it's a cost saver

We sell literally 000's of these, great little product.
Be careful though when buying their is IT500 and IT500BM.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are nice units but customers should be made aware of a few disturbing facts about them
Only last month a couple divorced after 40 years after the wife filed for mental cruelty ,once she found out her husband was turning the temperature down during the day via his internet connection....,making her lover less eager to rip his or indeed her cloths off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone ever installed or know of this device? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access beneath floorboards is quite good access. I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls instead and therefore looking to use speedfit products...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is when the neighbours roughly started. Severn Trent were doing bits and bobs out in the street back then but this is probably a coincidence. Our water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock