Search the forum,

Discuss has anyone ever had brand new leaking taps before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danielp

just wanted to know if anyone has had faulty taps that have leaked from the cast , today fitted a bath show mixer from bristan took a long time as had to pull the cast iron bath out too undo the old taps, when filling back up noticed weeping from the base of the tap where it meets the bath dripping down onto the tap connector ! its so frustrating ! then to make it worst went to the old basin to change the taps and they had lead washers undone the backnut and tap still wouldnt move they were cemented in little tap with hammer bang basin is in half !, what a bad day

i have had leaking new taps before but not bristons,speak to customer services,sorry to hear about the basin bad luck did you tell the customer this may happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitted a bathroom in 2008 and the customer phoned to say that the taps had started leaking. It was a fancy bath bridge mixer with the shower hose thingy on top Sure enough I found water, so I took the mixer off the stems, tried new washers and reassembled, only to find leaking. On close inspection, water was seeping through the casting of one of the stems. I took it off and the machined off area by the tails looked like an aero bar. The customer exchanged it for another one. Was a cheaper imitation of the Pegler Edwardian style mixer.

I also ALWAYS warn customers that it may not be possible to get old taps from old basins without damaging the basin.

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of questionable quality far Eastern imports!

Not like the "good old days" when stuff was made in Britain and companies had their own quality inspection department before it went out.

When you remove the upper half of a mixer tap there is a small plastic ring that is easily dislodged and causes leaking, i hate mixer taps.

I really recommend getting in touch with Aspect Maintenance, I had the same issue and they sorted it out really quickly, and good rates :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to has anyone ever had brand new leaking taps before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock