Search the forum,

Discuss Has anyone ever come across a faulty E6 meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
I think I have a faulty E6 meter. Has any one had this before. ?

Why do you think its faulty? My parents had a faulty one when they first came out. Gas was almost free for 10 years!

Really low gas rate, about 2.5kw on a Sabre 25he condensing. Water was nice a hot. inlet pressure fine.

I checked it a few times. I'm almost positive. The only other thing can be blocked gas valve or something, but that would explain the hot water.

Tell us what the readings were after two minutes or take them again and post them, rule of thumb is take the gas used in 2 mins and multiply by 321 to give you the HI, so on a 25kw boiler you are looking at burning about 0.078m3 of has over two minutes
As you have calculated it at 2.5kw my first reaction is you have the formula right but have the decimal point in the wrong place

went to do a service in the morning and the meter wasnt registering and clicking away so called suppliers and left
got a call to go back as suppliers said nothing wrong with meter when i went back the meter wasnt ticking and was registering and was a different colour to the one in the morning

What's the TB for this one? Can't find button
egaja6ap.jpg

Tell us what the readings were after two minutes or take them again and post them, rule of thumb is take the gas used in 2 mins and multiply by 321 to give you the HI, so on a 25kw boiler you are looking at burning about 0.078m3 of has over two minutes
As you have calculated it at 2.5kw my first reaction is you have the formula right but have the decimal point in the wrong place

First meter index .090 - 2mins - .098 (Boiler on full rate)
0.008 x 3600 x 10.76 / 120 = 2.58 kw gross!

Anyway it's turned off and in landlords hand now.

The way I calc Gas rate,
2 min reading (0.008) X 30 X 10.76,

Still 2.5824 KW Gross

That’s some meter.

To relight this thread I have had the same happen again, meter index not updating. And yes I have pressed b button

These meters are junk. Had 2 brand new meters fail on jobs so far this year. Each one was only a few weeks old. One had not moved off its original display index. The other ones screen completely blank after pressing 'A' a number of times.
Must be about 5 in total over last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone ever come across a faulty E6 meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had to gas rate on an E6 meter in a dark, muddy basement the other day. No place to put down tools. I stayed there for two minutes only to find out the meter index had not updated at all. Obviously the cooker was burning gas. I press the red button at the beginning and the end. Has anyone...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you might say) on the front panel, and one of these has a double function (turn it left and it operates the smaller oven, turn it right and it operates the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 4 zone / 7 loop UFH system. 2 zones (4 loops) always get hot when the system is on when the zone thermostats and actuators are off. The video posted shows when I turn on another zones the flow meters drop. (Kitchen prep and kitchen TV are the issue, two at either end of the...
Replies
Views
Can I fit a water meter to this, and if so would anyone know what make and what I would need to do to fit it, picture attached
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having an on-going battle with my energy supplier trying to get a smart gas meter. I have a Landis &gyr installed which was a replacement for a faulty meter about 3 years ago. The installer at the time told me it was not a Smart meter. The energy company is insisting its a SMETS1 -...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock