Search the forum,

Discuss Has any one done work for ERG Facilities Limited in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

These are just some off the reviews I found in a single search.
Read then you decide
Interesting how after a long period of negative reviews, there was a sudden burst of about 30 five-star reviews over the course of a month all in a rather similar style and then back to negative reviews again.

My fiancé has done work for them and is owed a lot of money, he has been chasing for 6 weeks and always told he will be paid by the end of the week, I have now decided to get involved to help, a simple google search reveals some of the story’s others have shared. It’s frustrating that he didn’t google them before starting doing jobs for them.
Can others advise if they’ve been successful with getting paid?
I will be going as far as it takes and plan to set up a Facebook page, report them to watchdog, I think we all need to join forces to take this company down, stop them stealing money from customers and tradesman, it’s disgusting how they are still going.

The problem is if you shut them down they start a new company again.

As far as I can see, unless anyone knows different, no company that wants you to pay them for leads or who contact you offering to supply you with work, whether for a fee or not, is to be trusted.

What is certain is that they will have been paid by the customer.

I will be going as far as it takes and plan to set up a Facebook page, report them to watchdog, I think we all need to join forces to take this company down, stop them stealing money from customers and tradesman, it’s disgusting how they are still going.
Won't work and will potentially land you in legal hot water. Stealing (theft), for example, has a technical definition and what you've described isn't theft it's breach of contract. Wrongly accusing someone of theft is libel, doing so with the intention of damaging their reputation, pretty much leaves you without a defence. In fact, even if the accusation is true, making it with the intention of causing repetitional harm is libel in the UK.

What I would recommend that your fiancé does three things:

Firstly, ask the local Trading Standards Department for advice. They may already have the firm in their sights and will be interested in collecting evidence showing a repeated pattern of fraudulent behaviour.

Secondly, use the small claim court procedure as explained here

to recover the money owed.

Finally, to avoid this happening again, find out about 'credit control for small businesses'. Make sure any advice found on the WWW is up to date and specific to the UK. Their accountant, assuming they have one, should be happy to go through the basics.

Had two calls from them in less than a week, first call I told them I wouldn't work for them in a million years, second call I went to town. Hopefully won't hear anything again.

I don't do much subcontracting work but when I do I'm very cautious about it.
I prefer to work with companies that approach me as a partner, pay my rates and accept my terms!

These are just some off the reviews I found in a single search.
Read then you decide

Do not use this company! Only sent two invoices off and first one took weeks of chasing for them to pay.
Thought it was a one off, sent invoice and again no payment, can't even got hold of them. Customer on site told the engineer how much they were being charged and it was extortionate!
Were currently going down the courts route now.

Still owed money from them!! Worst company ever to have jobs from. Excuse after excuse about payment , taken them to court, ccj and bailiffs involved now. Would never ever work for them again!! And for others I wouldn’t even bother!!

The trouble with these firms run by people with no moral fibre is that they learn the process well. They just run up debts fold the company and start again, it gets easier each time. There are a couple of firms near us that do this on a regular basis - the name only gets changed a tiny bit each time and the general populous is none the wiser. If they knew then I suspect that quite a few would chose not to use such a company , but it’s probably slander or defamation or some such - got to protect their rights…..

The trouble with these firms run by people with no moral fibre is that they learn the process well. They just run up debts fold the company and start again, it gets easier each time.
Consider reporting them to the Insolvency Service. Unless any exception applies, anyone who was a director in the 12 months before the company went into liquidation is banned from taking part in the management of another business with the same name. This ban lasts for 5 years and also covers names which are so similar they suggest an association with the previous company.

Having been once-bitten, before dealing with a new limited company I look them up on the Companies House website, which tells you who the directors are and cross-references them to other businesses they been involved in running. If any of these have gone bankrupt that's a red flag.

I know this is an old post but I sadly worked in the office years ago and it clearly hasn’t changed! I’m surprised they’re still running!

I’ve heard how much they bad mouth the engineers and purposely delay payment for reasons ERG are to blame for! 🤦🏻‍♀️

If you want more info about the company & CEO, feel free to reply ☺️

I know this is an old post but I sadly worked in the office years ago and it clearly hasn’t changed! I’m surprised they’re still running!

I’ve heard how much they bad mouth the engineers and purposely delay payment for reasons ERG are to blame for! 🤦🏻‍♀️

If you want more info about the company & CEO, feel free to reply ☺️
Where does Patrick stay?

Reply to Has any one done work for ERG Facilities Limited in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock