Search the forum,

Discuss Hardened ‘O’ rings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Servicing a Riello burner and noticed a weep of fuel from under the pump. When I checked, the O ring under the pump filter cover was hard, like plastic.
Do you guys normally change these, as a matter of course, during a service?

That's not usually changed during a service, at least I was never taught to do that. The only thing I ever did with the pump on service was check for leaks on the connections and check the pump pressure, providing it was all firing and combusting properly and sounding good of course.

As said by Stigster, I don’t normally check Riello pump filters unless I suspect fuel contamination.
The reason being as you have found, they can be a devil to reseal. Although, I now carry spare O rings.
All current Riello pumps use nitrate O rings, green in colour for use on Bio mixes.

Reply to Hardened ‘O’ rings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock