Search the forum,

Discuss Hard water affecting torbeck. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fitted a shower pump a year ago. The extra draw of water from the cold tank was churning up some lime scale at the bottom of the tank this at one point (a few months later) stopped the WC torbeck valve from stopping and filled cistern to overflow. Unluckily wasps had made a nest in the overflow pipe and blocked it!!
I cleared the overflow and cleaned the tank and valve. Problem solved so I thought.
Today got a call ..same problem. YES and wasps had made a nest again.
Question 1: Any suggestions much appreciated.
I thought of putting a filter mesh on the inside of the tank on tank connector for cold water feed but can't find one. Have seen one on a tank before so anyone know where i can get one.
Question 2: Also anyone know how I can keep wasps out of overflow pipes. A mesh or something but not hinder flow. Client paranoid now that everyear they will nest.
Thanks
Ray:confused:

what you could try is put sign up saying no wasps allowed only joking try putting 2 90 degree angles on the overflow and bring the end as close as possible to the wall were wasps can,t get in like they do on vent pipes on combis

Can only suggest tank drain down, clean and perhaps raise the cold outlet if possible in case it's sediment. Is the tank big enough?

I would also be rid of the torbeck they are rubbish and notorious for flow restriction. Fit a fluidmaster.

Had another thought, in a similar situation I found the ballvave on the tank to be chocked with grit which meant the tank wasn't filling quick enough after a power shower had been installed by a bathroom fitting mob. They said the tank needed to be swapped, incidentally it was a 50 gallon job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hard water affecting torbeck. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock