Search the forum,

Discuss Hard smoke pump Case in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Fed up with my smoke pump being in a cardboard box, I just bought a pelican case at least it will all stay together and be protected/dry.

Hi Mike,
Never heard of Pelican Cases. So checked them out, they look really good, a little expensive, but you get what you pay for :).
Mine resides in my Kane FGA soft case:(.

I just carry my Brigon smoke pump in van without it in anything.
Had it about 25 years.
Still in great order.

Just looked at that case. That looks more for protecting something expensive and delicate, rather than a cheap £100 smoke pump. :)

Its mainly to protect the inside of my vehicle.

You must be very fussy about your vehicle. A car I assume?
I find cases, while they fully protect a tool, can be bulky, so take too much space up in vehicle.
They also slow you down opening them and worse, putting tools neatly back in later.
I like to keep my
analyser in its case obviously.

I found that the smoke papers, card, and lubricant are never where I left them, I don't know who moves them, I think its my house elf, keeping everything together I hope will be easier with the case. I also think it will be easier to store being stackable.

I am not that fussy about my car, but can't stand rattles whilst I'm driving.

I found that the smoke papers, card, and lubricant are never where I left them, I don't know who moves them, I think its my house elf, keeping everything together I hope will be easier with the case. I also think it will be easier to store being stackable.

I am not that fussy about my car, but can't stand rattles whilst I'm driving.

I also can’t stand rattles. Worst thing is the squeak noise polystyrene makes with movement, if you ever carry anything enclosed with it. :)

My smoke paper was often hard to find, so I keep it in my analyser box.
Smoke pump I rarely use now and haven’t taken it with me on some servicing. But it is useful on dirty boilers or on those I am unsure how they are burning.

The more organised with tools we can manage to achieve, the easier and quicker the jobs will be. I have a large Stanley tool case and carry plumbing tools as well as boiler servicing tools in it, so am making work for myself carrying extra weight and searching for the right tool

Reply to Hard smoke pump Case in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock