Search the forum,

Discuss Hansgrohe ibox connections in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I’ve got one of these but need some help identifying the right fittings.
The ibox needs 3/4” male connections. My pipework is in 15mm.

The only adapters I can find are compression but I’ve been advised not to use these in a stud wall. I’m a DIY‘er and my soldering isn’t great so it leaves me with pushfit as an option, but I can’t find a suitable adapter without using multiple adapters, e.g. 3/4” to 22mm pushfit and then reduced down to 15mm.

Any help or other advice on this would be appreciated.

Thank

Use straight compression reducers (rather than bent ones) this allows you to get them snugged up correctly without worrying which direction they point in. Then go from there in 15mm copper, bent/soldered as required.

Alternatively get 3/4" female iron to 15mm copper soldered fittings.

Whatever you do , use the flushing facility on the i box and then leave it with live feeds at operating pressure for several days before you bury it in the wall.

If unsure it is worth considering paying a proper plumber to do this bit for you - won't cost too much and consequences of poor work on this bit are pretty dire...

Reply to Hansgrohe ibox connections in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock