Search the forum,

Discuss Hammer from CH, see attached video link in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi got a Y plan system in a 3 storey town house and I get a " hammering" sound when the thermostat calls for heat. I've watched and you can see the pipes around the pump (Danfoss UPS2) and 3 way valve (EPH B332PF), vibrate. Further clipping has not helped, in fact made it worse. Both pump and valve were replaced last year before this appeared. I also replaced the 3 way actuator body after speaking to EPH, but no effect. It happens less when returning to HW. It does not appear to be the 3 way valve and I tried it with the pump on constant (by rewiring) and moving the 3 way lever to see if I can reproduce it. It seems to be as the pump starts up once the valve is in position. Here is a microsoft onedrive link to a video, it not very loud unfortunately but boy is it loud in the house!
VID_20190104_155807455.mp4
I have flushed the system with cleaner, flushed a number of times till running clear. Radiators heating normally. It goes away and then reappears later after the flushes. Tried different pump settings, more or less same on all speeds. My guess is that the system pipework is reflecting the pressure when the pump starts and causing the pipes to oscillate, but I'm stumped for a solution. Any ideas? Should I get a powerflush? System installed 2002 and appears not looked after. Boiler Ideal Classic FF360
Great forum BTW, always come if stuck

Reply to Hammer from CH, see attached video link in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock