Search the forum,

Discuss Hammer arrestor on dishwasher? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have some severe water hammer going on. Behind the bath upstairs where I cannot access the pipes. It is is mild when a cold tap is turned off or the toilet is flushed BUT it's horrendous when the washing machine and dishwasher run. I have bought an arrestor to put on the washing machine but how would I connect one to the dishwasher? It's integrated and where it connects to the isolator it's an aquastop. Can the arrestor be put between an isolator and an aquastop?

I have a pressure guage on order to see if our water pressure is too high before getting a plumber to look at maybe putting in a PRV. Combi system so all on mains. It's only the cold causing the bang.
Thank you!

I have some severe water hammer going on. Behind the bath upstairs where I cannot access the pipes. It is is mild when a cold tap is turned off or the toilet is flushed BUT it's horrendous when the washing machine and dishwasher run. I have bought an arrestor to put on the washing machine but how would I connect one to the dishwasher? It's integrated and where it connects to the isolator it's an aquastop. Can the arrestor be put between an isolator and an aquastop?

I have a pressure guage on order to see if our water pressure is too high before getting a plumber to look at maybe putting in a PRV. Combi system so all on mains. It's only the cold causing the bang.
Thank you!
You should have a shock arrestor fitted If your incoming supply is above 3 bar then a prv is recommended . Kop

You should have a shock arrestor fitted If your incoming supply is above 3 bar then a prv is recommended . Kop
Thank you. We measured the incoming water pressure today and it’s at 3 bar. Would that need a prv?
I ran the dishwasher today and then the washing machine and it’s the washing machine causing the really loud bangs. I am hoping the shock Arrestor is enough to calm it.

hubby is not keen on losing the pressure for the showers.

Reply to Hammer arrestor on dishwasher? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock