Search the forum,

Discuss Halsted ace high he water too hot in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Steve weightman

Gas Engineer
Can I have advice if possible to do with the hot water getting to high and locking out. I've checked the plate heat exchanger and replaced the thermistors too the waters boiling hot.Much appreciated

To check pump best to get cloth under and remove bleed screw at front, try the screwdriver stop test.
If pump stops without issues then its work out but if chatters, chucks screwdriver back at you pump is still strong & not the issue.
You need to be careful as old boiler and parts are expensive as parts held by glen dimplex as halstead had not been trading for a few years the last time time i had to get some bits.
Cheers,
Andy

Reply to Halsted ace high he water too hot in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock