Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead Ace Whistle / Whine / Scream. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi, I am looking for some advice regarding my Halstead Ace High boiler.

It works perfectly, DHW is fine, heating is fine, it holds pressure and generally does everything a boiler should - except - when the CH comes on, after a little while (after it warms up?) the boiler emits a loud (can be heard all over house) whistle / whine / scream.

If I open the hot tap the scream stops (if I open the tap slowly I can adjust the pitch of the scream), but as soon as the tap is closed the scream returns.

I have tried varying the temperature of the DHW and CH, but this makes no difference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry but we cant give out information on boiler repairs, best bet is to call out local gas engineer who is familiar with these boilers, think it was one made for WICKS (Budget range) taken over by Glen-Dimplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead Ace Whistle / Whine / Scream. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Equipment The shower (a cold feed electric unit) and the Kingspan tank are on the top floor of a 3 storey building. The Ideal Boiler Logic Heat 15 boiler is on the ground floor. The house is 9 years old in May. Both the boiler and Kingspan tank have been serviced in the last month. The shower...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
My boiler was installed in July 2021. As my boiler is in garage, I didn't notice how it sounded when it started. A few weeks ago, when the boiler just started, by chance I went to garage looking for something, I heard the boiler was very loud! Much louder than when it is in operation for a...
Replies
Views
Hi hoping someone can help with this as its beginning to drive me nuts. Boiler generally well serviced and working fine, no problems with DHW. Central heating recently began to occasionally fire up as normal and run until it reached temperature set by flow control thermostat at which point...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock