Search the forum,

Discuss Hairline crack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darrenangel

I have a hairline crack in the corner of my shower tray. Is there a spray on, or paint on liquid silicone on the market. Normal silicone is too thick to penetrate the crack. Thanks in advance. Darren

Dont bother wasting your money,

MY OWN shower trays have cracked 3 times (3 plastic cheap trays) 1 even 2yrs, they developed a hairline crack which allowed water to pass through

I bought a china enamel tray ( held on a thick wooden base for plenty of support ) its been strong now for the past 4 years

Its like a exhaust of your car, if it gets a crack you can use exhaust putty, it holds for few days then the crack reappears.

Advice and best solution - BUY A NEW TRAY

Good luck mate :)

Any shower tray that's not sufficiently supported will crack over time. I always use 18mm plywood under mine plus sand and cement if it's a stone cast tray.

Any shower tray that's not sufficiently supported will crack over time. I always use 18mm plywood under mine plus sand and cement if it's a stone cast tray.

Ditto, although I usually used cement based flexi adhesive

Yeah I find 1m wbp and flexible tile adhesive are the best, it's defiantly best to go for a new tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hairline crack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have two hairline cracks around shower tray plug waste hole. Is this a concern ? I.e let water in etc through crack ? And any fixes or do I need a new tray? I also have suspicions that the tray was fitted without a cement or mortar bed underneath to support the tray and this is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler condensate pipe. It was cracked at an elbow so the plumber we use has replaced this and hopefully all will be well with that joint. This later prompted me...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I recently changed the washers on my kitchen mixer tap due to it dripping, I reseated it using a tool but it's still dripping. I have had another go today and on closer inspection of the seat it appears to have a hairline crack. Can this be repaired or do I change them completely...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock