Search the forum,

Discuss Had an new bathroom fitted - sink blocked, called dynorod out, he laughed, HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

We had a new bathroom fitted 3 years ago and the sink blocked up recently, tried to clear it my self (removed basin trap but turned out the gunk was solid in the waste pipe and wasn't budging) got emergency home cover with my house insurance and they sent dynorod out and the feller laughed at how the sink was plumbed in. So, I'm going to the folks that installed the bathroom (they use a freelance fitter) and ask them to make good the plumbing. Really interested to hear you guys and girls opinions on the job as the feller from Dynorod said he'd never seen anything like it.

I've attached a couple of pics, be very grateful for any feedback and especially if you think that the plumbing is OK or not please? Basically the pipe coming from the waste trap was just pushed in and tightening the collar doesn't seal the pipe so water just gushes out. Secondly am I correct in thinking that the waste pipe should have a continual fall after it exits the waste and not have a "rise" in it? Basically the Dynorod bloke says that it's a wonder it didn't block sooner as all the solid waste would trap in that small black horizontal lower pipe. He reckoned that the pipe was a smaller diameter than the white pipe by 2-4 mmm

Anways, thank you for taking the time to read this much appreciated and, thanks in advance for any feedback. đź‘Ť

Monty

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 64
Hi Monty, The installation is a nightmare it is wrong in so many ways. On a temporary basis you might undo the big nuts ..with a washing up bowl underneath, take the traps outside
clean out with water from an outside hose and re assemble.
Ultimately the arrangement you show will need
re building inc. a lower outflow to the outside. To be honest this is not beyond a decent Diy person and if you are unsure you can come back to us for help ...............centralheatking
it looks a bit like that screensaver from years ago which built up a bonkers pipe network

Last edited:
The pipe doesn't stay in the trap because the seal has come of the pipe and pushed into the bottom of the socket.
Or it was never fitted, but I think you'd have had leaks if that was the case.

Depending on what is behind the back panel it shouldn't take someone with experience too much trouble to sort it.

Thanks snowhead/centralheatking/scott_d đź‘Ť much appreciated
[automerge]1571065347[/automerge]
update: been to the company that installed it and they've agreed it's a bodge and will remedy it FOC so thanks for all your help guys đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Reply to Had an new bathroom fitted - sink blocked, called dynorod out, he laughed, HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock