Search the forum,

Discuss Gurgling shower SOS please in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jmaninlondon

Hi everyone!

Hoping you can help me out. I live in a modern block of flats in London and my shower gurgles from time to time and it really bothers me. I’ve had 5+ plumbers in to help me check and some have told me there’s blockage in the main stack pipe, which has been cleaned, jetwashed.

My shower has been cleaned using a snake rob by one person and he said there was a minor blockage but cleared. The only access point is the shower tray drain as there is no external access point since it’s all tiled in.

I am very fed up with the problem and I am just wondering if anyone here has any experience or advice on similar issue.

Thank you!

Sounds like induced siphonage due to poor design, assuming it's gurgling when not in use?
Unless you can get an air admittance valve (and these aren't silent) or secondary vent, installed somewhere on the waste run between the shower and whatever other appliance is creating a vacuum, there's not much I can suggest. As your options will be limited by the fact that it is flats and most of your own plumbing is hidden, you say.

Reply to Gurgling shower SOS please in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock