Search the forum,

Discuss Gurgling in New Worcester Greenstar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brendak

Hi
I had a Worcester Greenstar condensing boiler fitted last April. Recently it has begun making constant loud gurgling /boiling sounds when it has been on for about an hour. If I then switch it off it will not restart for at least an hour. Sometimes there is also a sound of water dripping when I switch it on.
I have bled all the radiators and had the installing plumber look at it. Of course when he came the boiler had just been switched on and behaved perfectly. He examined it & pump & said eveything ok.
I am at my wits end to know how to address this problem.

Hello!

Could be a number of things and if I were you, I wouldn't do anything but get the installer back to resolve it to your satisfaction. Not saying you would, but if you were to 'meddle' you have given him a get out clause.

Hi
No intention of doing anything myself. Installer suggested air getting in somewhere but as far as I am aware the pressure has been constant. I will monitor all in detail & then get help. Just wondering if it could possibly be a fault with the actual boiler. Don't think its blocked condensate as its inside.

Don't know much about WB but ask him if he's installed a bypass.

Hi there,

your condensate trap needs cleared and cleaned out check that the pipe (plastic) is clear , if your condensate goes into a waste ie under the sink check this to ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gurgling in New Worcester Greenstar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock