Search the forum,

Discuss Gurgling bathroom sink in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys. I have an issue with a bathroom sink, it gurgles when the tap is turned off. I tried clearing the p trap but it makes it worse and goes on longer. I’ve attached a pic. From what I’ve read online it’s a venting issue. Would either of the replacement parts be a good solution?

Attachments

• 7E0DC704-B1EE-4A4D-AF4A-CEAFA6A1CA9E.jpeg
    7E0DC704-B1EE-4A4D-AF4A-CEAFA6A1CA9E.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 99C6C0AB-E76B-457E-9BE2-40197BADB44F.jpeg
    99C6C0AB-E76B-457E-9BE2-40197BADB44F.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 83BEFB1A-44CC-417E-891A-8E3F142E97DA.jpeg
    83BEFB1A-44CC-417E-891A-8E3F142E97DA.jpeg
    639.5 KB · Views: 3
Probably not...

Gurgling generally means the sewer piping has a venting issue.
This does not mean that a vent is blocked.
It generally means there is a blockage somewhere in the sewer pipe and the pressure of the air is coming out through a trap.

I feel you have a more pressing issue than replacing a trap.....and it will only get worse.'

Get onto it asap, because you may have unwanted items coming up through your bath, shower or an overflowing toilet.

These early signs don't get better, they get predominately worse

I'd try the anti vac trap first.
oz-plumber may be right but it's more likely (in my experience) that waste is a little too long or poorly angled and a vacuum is forming behind a slug of wastewater and sucking air through the trap seal - causing it to glug.
In severe cases it can actually suck the seal water completely out and leave you with foul air escaping from trap.

Try trap first.

Reply to Gurgling bathroom sink in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello We recently had a bathroom referb with a new sink and vanity unit that contained all new plumbing for it. The sink doesn't have an overflow and is draining really really slowly as I understand that there needs to be an air vent in the trap etc.. I know that this is pretty basic but know...
Replies
Views
S
What’s that blank for on my pedestal p trap? It’s like a extra bit that comes up with a blanking cap on the top? My bathroom sink drain makes a lot of gurgling noise when it’s finished draining. I’ve had drain unblocker and a snake down there but not made a difference. I’m not a plumber by...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me with this. I recently had my bathroom redone, and there have been a few problems with it. One of the issues is gurgling when the sink drains. It sounds like a 6 pint bottle of milk is being emptied a few seconds after the tap is shut off. It’s quite...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I’m trying to fit new pillar basin taps upstairs. Before I even got to that part I turned off the main stopcock under the kitchen sink but of course it didn’t turn off the water upstairs (who knew!?!) So I tried the isolation valves in the bathroom and only the hot one turns and the cold won’t...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock