Search the forum,

Discuss GS engineer required to sign off boiler installation in LU7 0HY area please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sprintmancolin

Hi,

Plumber installed our boiler. Later admitted he wasn't GS registered so is unable to register, etc. the installation.

Have since had a GS inspection (at our request) and the boiler has been checked and confirmed as properly installed.

So, we're now looking for a GS registered engineer for the sign off please.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Plumber installed our boiler. Later admitted he wasn't GS registered so is unable to register, etc. the installation.

Have since had a GS inspection (at our request) and the boiler has been checked and confirmed as properly installed.

Many thanks.

If the GSR inspector has said it's safe and properly installed, then why not just bypass the Gas Safe registration and report it to your Local Authority yourself as notifiable work? That's all that the GS notification does, really.

If you are convinced the GS Inspector said everything is as expected, then getting your local building control officer to visit and provide you the necessary paperwork is your best route and cheapest option.

If someone else fitted your boiler, then just for me to attend and check it out will cost you £200. This will go up steeply if any faults are found

what area do you live?

what company/or who's name installed it?

When you say that the gas safe inspector passed it as properly installed, does that mean it's just safe to use or it's safe to use and meets the current building regs/ standards?

When you say that the gas safe inspector passed it as properly installed, does that mean it's just safe to use or it's safe to use and meets the current building regs/ standards?

I will put a fine tooth comb over it, if they are genuine I do feel sorry for them as I have done this before for an elderly couple who had a fitter in,not registered and after they had problems selling their house.I get plenty of trash landlords asking the same,cause their brother in law doe's a bit ,thease get a far more blunt reply,but do need contact number of gsr inspector who examined it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Many thanks.
I hope you didn't pay him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GS engineer required to sign off boiler installation in LU7 0HY area please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock