Search the forum,

Discuss Grunfoss Pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lockesboy

:) Hi, I have been trying to find out what these numbers mean on the various pumps that are in use today in a normal central heating system, the standard pump for an average house in the UK is a 15/50 pump, a larger home may require a stronger pump, say a 15/60, what I would like to know is what do these numbers mean, I am in Sweden at the moment and we use 25/40 pumps over here in a normal size home, any idea why!!!, the cost for a pump here is about £200.00:eek: versus £50.00 back home for a 15/50 pump, my thoughts are to get a 15/50 pump back home and have it sent out so that I can save some money, a balofix valve here costs £16.00 EACH, I have never seen anything like it for the cost of parts here in Sweden, any help would be most gratefull.
Thanks, Ian.

BUMP!

23 views and not one response, come on! :eek:

Ok, I have been doing some research on the internet,.. on a 15/50 pump, the numbers mean, 15 litres per minute with a head pressure of 5 meters, so, I understand the 15 litres a minute part but could somebody explain the 5 meter head pressure, does that mean that the pump would pump water verticaly up to 5 meters before the pump pressure starts to drop off. hopeful that someone will read this and explain it to me.:confused:

Time 16.45 After more research I believe that I was wrong about the pump giving only 15 litres per minute, after looking on the Grundfos website and looking at the technical specs on the Grundfos 15 50 and the 15 60 it would appear that if the speed control switch is set on position 2 on the 15 50 model you would get a flow rate of 0.84 litres per second, giving you 50.4 litres per minute or 3024 litres per hour, that seems rather a lot to me.

Still hopeful that someone will explain it to me because I am just not sure if I understand all of this correctly, hopefully this will help other people too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grunfoss Pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock