Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Whilst testing a Grundfos pump on vokera (combi) easi heat plus 25c. I used a multimeter on ohm setting, across the live and neutral terminals (on the pump) and got no resistance i.e OL/infinity as apposed to a reading of 130-230 ohms, so theoretically this pump, from what i understand, shouldn't be working. I'm a bit confused because the pump is working fine (after i unsiezed it). The boiler is working fine. If anyone can explain if I'm doing something wrong in testing the pump. Thanks.

New erp pumps stick if not used for a while eg summer

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Whilst testing a Grundfos pump on vokera (combi) easi heat plus 25c. I used a multimeter on ohm setting, across the live and neutral terminals (on the pump) and got no resistance i.e OL/infinity as apposed to a reading of 130-230 ohms, so theoretically this pump, from what i understand, shouldn't be working. I'm a bit confused because the pump is working fine (after i unsiezed it). The boiler is working fine. If anyone can explain if I'm doing something wrong in testing the pump. Thanks.
Let me get this correct mate. You used a multimeter across live and Neutral on ohms?
I’m hoping you had the power off for this?

New erp pumps stick if not used for a while eg summer
Thank Shaun Definitely agree with you on that because the property has been empty for a while, i was just confused with not getting any resistance reading across live and neutral terminals because everything i have been tought or researched tells me that there has to be a resistance reading of 100 ohms + atleast..
[automerge]1568237478[/automerge]
Let me get this correct mate. You used a multimeter across live and Neutral on ohms?
Yes, Terminals On the pump with the power cable disconnected, and power off.

Thank Shaun Definitely agree with you on that because the property has been empty for a while, i was just confused with not getting any resistance reading across live and neutral terminals because everything i have been tought or researched tells me that there has to be a resistance reading of 100 ohms + atleast..
[automerge]1568237478[/automerge]

Yes, Terminals On the pump with the power cable disconnected, and power off.
Lovely. As above mate. New pump don’t really like being stood. Went to a job last week. Just moved in. Been empty a week and the pump was stuck on a Vaillant. Little push and away it went.

tbh Normally just screwdriver test them :D

@Murdoch @leesparkykent any help ?

Isn’t it voltage x voltage divided by load to work out resistance

Even a broken clock is correct 2 times a day.
I’m hoping you had the power off for this?
Hi Harvest Fields, thanks for the reply, Yes the power was off, and the power lead to the pump was also disconnected. I was using the multimeter on ohms setting and testing across the pins, if you like, on the actual pump head, so as to establish the resistance reading but couldn't understand why i wasn't getting any resistance at all, even though the pump worked fine in the end.

Reply to Grundfos pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock