Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos MLE 132E speed control in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a Grundfos for a domestic water booster application. Everything is set up for constant pressure, discharge pressure sensing and all appears okay, except we cant get the motor to run in "auto". We can run in manual at a constant speed, okay. But we try and go to control, the pump will stop. DI1 is set up as "stop". Now I've tried ground on DI1 as suggested, no change. 5V on DI1, still no change. We have discharge pressure reading, setpoint higher than pressure. Am I missing something simple?

Surely there's some software in the controller to stop the pump, ie if it sees no change in pump speed after a few minutes if in auto in constant pressure mode as you don't want the pump running constantly say at night with no demand?.

Surely there's some software in the controller to stop the pump, ie if it sees no change in pump speed after a few minutes if in auto in constant pressure mode as you don't want the pump running constantly say at night with no demand?.
Basically, we can not get a 'normal' operating mode selection, only stop, min, max. The start/stop terminals 2+3 (GND and DI1) are connected as per instructions for no external start/stop.

Have you set it up via the dongle ?

We don't have a dongle, the front display has all the info on it.
We have set it up many times with the same result. We cant get a normal operating mode so the pump will not run (in auto) it will however run in manual at a preset speed.

You will require the dongle to set up auto as the front line / bar graph is only for manual

We have an MI301M01 IR connection device, but it has no display or any buttons, how does this work?

Yes that’s the device use your phone and the grundfos go app

Yes that’s the device use your phone and the grundfos go app
Update. We got the ir to work and it controls everything the front display does but like was stated it got the "normal" control mode to work, what happens is the pump normally shows stop, then when you push the start/stop button, the mode changes from stop to normal and you would expect the pump to start however it doesn't, it just sits there in normal mode.

So you can see all the settings on your phone etc and make changes / set things ?

Front display? That’s yours as that’s the 132e

1661512428170.png

I see on the pump you should be able to see a pressure when it’s running correct ?

Are these figures on 0 when not running / off ?

Discharge / pressure/ flow ?

Sounds like maybe the pressure sensor is blocked or broken as when off should rear 0mh / 0 psi

Sounds like maybe the pressure sensor is blocked or broken as when off should rear 0mh / 0 psi
Discharge pressure is in discharge line, reading outlet pressure continuously. It is the controlled parameter. This pump will run in manual at a set speed. but when switched to normal it just stops. We are beginning to think there is an issue with the electronics in the controller itself since nothing we can do will make it run in auto (normal) to control, pressure. Unless we are missing something, which is one reason I am here. Several Grundfos techs have looked at it to no avail. My next step is to rip the vfd and control out and put in an ABB580. Will this motor run on a 580? I wonder if there is some priority wiring to look for?

Discharge pressure is in discharge line, reading outlet pressure continuously. It is the controlled parameter. This pump will run in manual at a set speed. but when switched to normal it just stops. We are beginning to think there is an issue with the electronics in the controller itself since nothing we can do will make it run in auto (normal) to control, pressure. Unless we are missing something, which is one reason I am here. Several Grundfos techs have looked at it to no avail. My next step is to rip the vfd and control out and put in an ABB580. Will this motor run on a 580? I wonder if there is some priority wiring to look for?
Monday I will try again (since I can now get normal mode) to swap AI1 with AI2 and swap all control parameters to reflect new psi input. Also will try AI1 reading feet as in a tank level control. Change setpoint to a feet level. I‘ll update as time allows. After this if it doesn’t work, out comes the blue blade….

Reply to Grundfos MLE 132E speed control in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock