Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos hot water pump running continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisj14uk

Hi all,

Hoping you can help... I've recently moved into a new flat and am a bit concerned about the plumbing. There's a continual hum from the airing cupboard, which contains two water pumps (judging from power lead labels, one for heating, one for hot water). The hot water pump is on 24/7... when thermostat and boiler are both powered down.

Is there any reasonable reason why the pump might always be on? I briefly found online hot water circulation systems etc.

Thanks
Chris

the pump should never run 24/7 unless it is wired wrong or there is a fault

some of the old secondary circulation pumps ran 24/7 just fit a timer

Eco

There's a hot water tank, if that's the same thing...

There are two pumps coming off the hot water tank, only the one labelled 'hot water' is running continuously... so the water in the tank seems to be continually moving too, I'll see if I can upload a photo later this evening

Thanks

Rory sounds right to me. Think you have a Gledhill boilermate Thermal store. This will run 24-7. Got to keep store at 75 degrees to work

actually thermalc stores should be about 80 degrees...this is your central heating water, the dhw picks it's heat up from here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos hot water pump running continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock