Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos Flange Size in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Before having a boiler replaced in the spring, I’m cleaning the system and upgrading the pipe work in the cellar, where the old boiler is. Following forum advice, I’m replacing the 10 meter run of pipes from the boiler to the start of the four existing 22mm Hep2o circuits (one per floor) with 28mm copper, and upgrading the magnetic filter to 28mm too. Happy with that, despite many an excellent forum plumber not 100% agreeing with each other… I took the majority view.

Also moving from (underpowered) combi to system boiler, so need to install a pump (when the boiler goes in).

Question: should I use a Grundfos Magna1 25mm or 32mm flange pump, on my 28mm copper from the boiler? It’s 20+ radiators on four victoria house floors above the boiler, so was going for a Magna1 25-120, or 32-120, but not sure about the flange size. Would appreciate any view.

many thanks guys
joe

Hi Thanks for joining the forum and posting. It sounds like you have a big project on your hands!

Glad you are finding the forum is helpful for you!

Reply to Grundfos Flange Size in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
I am sizing the central heating pipes for a complete replacement. The property has an elongated floor plan so I have used a piping layout consisting of single flow and return headers running the length of the property and take-offs to and from radiators. Currently there is a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock