Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos Alpha2 15-60 130 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The above pump is showing all of it's lights on screen and is flickering without the pump actually working. The boiler also seems to not be firing up as it should making a lot of noise when it does try to (or at least the pipes above it do).

Is this a pump issue or a boiler one?

Thanks for any advice.

It's just a blue light in the middle which is on. When I try to reset it it used to make a kind of clunky noise to let you know it had reset but it doesn't seem to be making that noise anymore.

Is your programmer calling for heat or hot water. Does it come on if you just want hot water? Is the light in the middle of the boiler flashing?

Yes, it's calling for heat and water. It comes on now and again when calling for hot water but more often than not it doesn't now. The light isn't flashing it's just constantly on.

I just tried turning everything off and then:

1. Calling for heat only - the pump lights just flicker and the pump doesn't come on; the boiler makes a noise but doesn't start up properly.

2. Calling for water only - the pump lights just flicker and the pump doesn't come on; the boiler doesn't even make a noise.

It does look like the pump but to be certain, power it from a alternate independent source for a minute or two and that will prove it one way or the other.

Yes, those are all fine.

I think the pump needs replacing....
Just wondering how you got on with this issue as I have the exact same problem with mine! C/H and H/W stopped working yesterday and on inspection I found the front panel of the GRUNDFOS ALPHA2L pump to be flickering and unresponsive. I'm going to try and power it from an alternative source after work tonight but if I get the same result I assume my only option will be to replace.

One question I have is am I right in thinking I can detach the pump body using the 4 allen key bolts and leave the back bit connected to the pipes? Seems that would be a lot easier than full replacement?

Reply to Grundfos Alpha2 15-60 130 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi we have a Alpha 2 15-60-130 central heating pump fitted. We need a bit more heat from 12 rads. I’m confused about the settings as the Auto Adapt was pulling 14w which is not enough. I have now set the right side led to position 4 and it pulls 25w. Does anyone know what the pump should run at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the pump. The pump is a Grundfos Alpha2, and it has usually has two numbers, but it is instead showing two dashes ( -- ). I think the propeller isn't...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon we have recently had a grundfos alpha2L 15-60 130 pump fitted to our central heating system and we're experiencing an issue. Once the pump is on its working fine but for the first "cycle" in the morning the "Power on" light comes on but the pump doesn't start. I have to then...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
S
Ups pump issue Fairly recently, say 12 months ago, we had a new pump fitted. It's a grundfos ups3 15- 50/65 130. (We have a small expansion tank next to the large tank in the loft. So not a sealed system) After it runs normally for several hours it just stops working. The radiators obviously...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock