Search the forum,

Discuss Grove Rapido E in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
I’ve been given a Grohe Rapido E to install in a wet room shower. Apart from the fact that its not thermostatic controlled I can find very little about these valves.
It’s got a single lever and I can see that the hot/cold mix is controlled by rotation - presumably flow (off to full) is controlled by the up/down action?
Sorry for the dumb question but I’ve never seen one of these before - should I give it back to customer and go for a thermostatic version?
All help and advice appreciated - thanks
Andy

If the customer bought it thinking it was thermostatic they're going to be disappointed.
Maybe check they know what they've bought.

Does it have this control lever?

Grohe lever.PNG

Last edited:
If the customer bought it thinking it was thermostatic they're going to be disappointed.

View attachment 47114
Yes that’s the lever...basic question...does the up/down action control flow or switch between the 2 outlets?...I can’t find the answer anywhere.
I’m thinking of knocking up a test ’rig’ but thought I’d ask on here first.
If customer insists on keeping this valve I’ll probably recommend a

View attachment 47114

View attachment 47114
Thanks for the reply...Yes that’s the lever...does the up/down action control flow or switch between upper/lower outlets? I was going to set up a test ’rig’’ but thought I would ask on here first.
If they insist on keeping this valve I’ll probably put a mixer in the feed somewhere.
Regards

Only does one outlet in that config

there’s a push pull diverter if you have it

Reply to Grove Rapido E in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for some advice here if anyone would be so kind. Our existing system consists of an Ideal Logic Heat H15 heat only boiler paired to a 180L Kingspan Tribune XE Unvented Indirect Hot Water Cylinder (this is the Dual Stat version). Zone 1 (Downstairs) consists of 7 Radiators + Plumbed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’m hoping somebody can help. I have a wet speed fit UFH system, that controls 9 loops on the ground floor, each with a separate zone thermostat, flow valve and actuator. The problem I’m having is when the main programmer (which controls the entire system), is left on (I.e...
Replies
Views
Hi again I'm on a roll with the plumbing questions today! So here's query #2... We've not used our hot water for quite some time, and it now doesn't work. From what I can gather based on what I've learnt in the last hour or two, I think the problem is with the 3 port motorised valve. When...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock